Sunday, May 24, 2009

purchase #40 Boukje Janssen

Sometimes coincidence needs a little help. This Friday I went to the atelier from Boukje Janssen to have a look at the installation Ensemble. I had seen it on her website and was seriously interested to buy it.

However the installation was too vulnerable for my taste. Considering I have a cat lingering in my house who likes strings to play with and likes to explore new places to lie in. The only thing I could have done was buy it and immediately stock it. Therefore buying wasn't a real option. I buy art to watch it not to stock it.

However next to the installation Boukje had hung a just finished painting. It had a similar theme and even a similar figure like "Ensemble".
Yesterday I bought it. Delivery will of course be later, that's quite common in Art.
One surprise is still left. The painting hasn't got a name yet... Yes it was that fresh.

Below a picture:


and a detail:


---
general remark about my blog:
The close watcher will have seen that I skipped a lot of numbers of my purchases.
The even more close watchers will have seen that about five artists moved from "watch list" to "in collection". I reveal later what I bought from whom.
And yes I will discuss ArtAmsterdam later.

No comments:

Post a Comment