Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Catalogue (wip 1)

The more and longer I'm collecting the more and more I'm wondering what or who am I collecting.

I thought I was collecting artists. However I seem to be collecting a plethora of different works and styles. I really thought I was trying to collect in depth. But that doesn't seem to be true.

Trying to grasp the meaning out of those works I'm starting to catalogue them. First step is to get to know all the names of the artists I've collected so far.
Today I had found 36 people I collected work from. I was really amazed by the huge amount I thought it to be 20 to 25 but there seem to be more than 40.

There are at least 4 more which I haven't identified yet.
I will continue to search and gradually I will start cataloguing the works themselves.
How many works of art I own I don't know but my estimate is 93.

Most artists I have only one work from. Janneke Sprenkels is a huge exception. I own more than 10 works from her.
Below you see "Feeling Blue"

No comments:

Post a Comment