Friday, February 27, 2009

My first art collection


Once upon a time I collected stickers together with my sister. Later on I collected footballpictures, sugarbags, chess clippings and finally books.

Now I'm collecting art. More than ten years ago I bought my first painting. That was in a second hand book shop offcourse. I actually han't been to any gallery or art fair. I wasn't really aware those existed. The painting was a nude with incredible long legs lying on a beet red couch with a dark blue wall behind it. I had become an art buyer.
Two years ago I had several dozens of art works and more art than walls. I had become an art collector. Realising this I had to make the next step. What art am I really collecting?

In this Blog I'm searching the answer to this question. I don't know the answer yet. But I'm going to find out.

(The picture is from Janneke Sprenkels. It's called Sunday Afternoon. I own a copy of it. )

1 comment:

  1. Hey "Pieter". Nice to have found your blog. It seems like we're doing something similar, only that you have 10 years of head start!

    I have to come back here and try and read all your posts from the start, which is why I'm commenting in the first post.

    Good luck and maybe see you in real life, some time!

    ReplyDelete